Are your heel tips worn down or missing? Walking on metal tips, or uneven worn down rubber tips can be extremely frustrating. With extensive wear, heel tips will naturally deteriorate. It is recommended that they are replaced before the inner tip begins to protrude. This is also important because having an unstable heel can lead to balancing issues.
Measure the size of your heel tips to know what size to purchase.
- Wedge a dull picket knife or jimmy between the top of the heel tip to help loosen and separate the tip.
- Carefully remove the heel tip with the pliers by twisting and pulling it out. Most can be turned counter clockwise to remove. Be careful not to pull only the rubber off.
- Clean the newly exposed tip of any debris.
- Place the pin end of the new tip into the heels opening.
- Gently tap the new tip in with the hammer. Careful not to damage the shoes material.
- Adjust the tip with the pliers to align the heel tip